How to Get to Kura,
Kura is located in Southern Costa Rica. We’re perched on a coastal ridge, overlooking the town of Uvita and the Marino Ballena National Park.
Our privileged position provides cool breezes, panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, and deep jungle views to the east.
We’re a 15 minute drive from the main road and 60 minutes from Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica.
Let's Plan Your Arrival to
Kura Hotel, Costa Rica
We know you might like to see your best travel options laid out in detail. Select an option, and we’ll explain the rest:
- Best option if you want to get to Kura right away
- Fly into Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO), Costa Rica
- Take a (20mins) connecting flight to Quepos Airstrip (XQP). Sansa Airlines and Aerobell offer daily flights to Quepos. These flights depart from a small terminal within walking distance of (SJO)
- We’ll meet you at Quepos Airstrip and bring you directly to Kura (60mins)
- If you plan to rent a car in Quepos and drive yourself, Download Driving Instructions here. Let us know you’ll be driving. We want to be ready for your arrival
- Alternatively, charter a helicopter from SJO (40mins). Land at our nearby landing field, only 5 minutes from the hotel.
- Best option if you’d prefer to travel in complete comfort
- We’ll meet you at Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO), Liberia International Airport (LIR), or from anywhere else in Costa Rica. We will bring you directly to the hotel
- You’ll travel in an air-conditioned, WIFI-equipped, luxury 4×4 vehicle with complimentary water and snacks
- Your private driver will happily stop along the way for bathroom breaks or photo opportunities —like the famous crocodiles of the Tarcoles River
- Important! Let us know you are driving. Kura can only be reached through the town of Uvita. Download Driving Instructions here
- We’ll help you plan a safe route to Uvita.
- Fly into Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO)
- From San Jose, rent a 4×4 vehicle and drive to Uvita (4hrs).
- Please only drive the major highways to Uvita. Highways are paved, 2-laned and well-maintained
- In Uvita, we provide a safe Parking Lot for your rental vehicle at the bottom of the mountain. We’ll meet you and bring you directly to Kura (15mins). *If you prefer to drive up the mountain yourself, please note this road is rugged with some steep parts. It is only accessible by 4×4.
Which option is best for you? We can help you decide.
We can also arrange your Best Route, Car Rentals, Flight Schedules or Airline Tickets for travel within Costa Rica. Just ask us!
Watch Our Video
“How to Get Here”
Uvita de Osa
Puntarenas Province, Costa Rica
Coordinates: 9.1963° N, 83.7444° W
Front Desk: +(506) 8521-3407
Getting Here is Easy
“Kura is perched up on the mountain overlooking Uvita, the Whale’s Tail and the Pacific, so crazy views are pretty much always guaranteed. It’s an adventure getting up to the resort but they make it easy. We got Kura to organize all our domestic transport so we could just sit back and enjoy the (bumpy!) ride to paradise.”
– Marissa, London